Thursday, July 14, 2011

WHAT A LITTLE MOONLIGHT CAN DO

Tonight I was once again reminded why being on a boat is different from the normal routine. When on land many people may not notice a lot of things around them as they  shuffle from cars, trains etc... into rooms with artifical lights and wall size LCD TV screens . BIANKA does not have such distractions so when the full moon comes up over the harbor as it did tonight it really gets my attention:

and this passage from The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles always comes to mind:

“... we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more. perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.” 

and this night I'm also reminded I need to download some Old and In The Way tunes  which has also come to mind on a night like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have handed in my notice at work, effective Oct 28.
I have sold the house, will close before December 1st
I have put a deposit on the boat linked below, Final sale before December 6th.

The boat is in Annapolis, Md. and I will be out there by half past November.

My Boat

Don