I cut the panel to size and then used paper cut outs to check the lay out of the voltage and current meters. At first things seemed to fit if a little awkwardly::
But, when I tried the actual meters I realized they were not going to fit in the space available:
So then I thought I would just use the case to house the digital volt meters and mount the current meter in a second box:
But, the four pole on/off switch still made things a little tight. So I decide to scrap the idea of using the old Kings Loran box for this project and come up with a new design for the instrumentation at the helm. I'll show what I came up with in a future post.