Monday, October 01, 2012

KING HARVEST HAS SURELY COME

Corn in the fields.
Listen to the rice when the wind blows
cross the water,
King Harvest has surely come.


I was back on board BIANKA and was just finishing a glass of wine after watching the sunset and was thinking of going into the cabin for the night. Then I had a pleasant surprise as I turned my head to the east. A bright orange full moon was rising over the docks next to the mooring field. It's the Harvest Moon. The moon closest to the autumn equinox which allowed the farmers to continue to harvest well into the night because of it's light. The sight of the full moon rising called for another glass of wine. I thought about Neil Armstrong the first man to set foot on the moon who died last month. I also again think of the words of Paul Bowles:

"How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless.” 

While one can never know how many full moons one will see in ones lifetime. Every one that I see when I'm on BIANKA always makes me happy.


No comments: