Wednesday, October 02, 2013

SAD NEWS BEBI ELECTRONICS IS CLOSING

I've been converting various lights on board BIANKA to LED for a while now. But, my favorite LED light was made by BEBI Electronics in FIJI. It is their model called the  BEKA:


I did a blog post about it here.It was one of the most versatile lights to use on board. I used it in the cabin and the cockpit just about everyday. I liked  it so much I even  bought several for my whole house LED lighting project and was about to order several more. But, then came the sad news that BEBI Electronics is closing. Sad news indeed. I will cherish the tough little lights I own and regret that I can't buy anymore.

4 comments:

Gary Mertl said...

Mike, I don't know if you'll find and exact replacement but I've found excellent quality and selection of LED bulbs from marinebeam.com. He will work with you to find what you want too, nice guy.

Capt. Mike said...

Gary:

Thanks I will check it out. Though I will really miss those BEKA lights just worked well and their versatility allowed me to use them at home and on board.

Steve S/Y Scott-Free said...

Shame. That explains why I have not heard from Michael... Agree the Beka is a wonderful light but they were having production problems and had some component failures. But they always replaced them.

Capt. Mike said...

Steve
I bought three BEKA lights and never had a problem. Wanted buy a few more this winter but, looks like the three will be my limit. Shame they are no more.