Monday, February 10, 2014

COLD ON THE SHOULDER

I've been trying to get down to the boat to check on things. I was away for the month of January so the last time I checked on things was late December. This winter has been particularly cold and snowy. I tried to get down there last week but, the boatyard is not plowed and there was no place to park on the street. Then this morning I called the boatyard and discussed the possibility of coming down and checking on the boat. Robbie who runs the yard advised against it. He said the snow from last week is now covered with ice making it kind of dangerous walk down to the yard. Especially carrying a ladder. In the meantime  Mr. NOAA reported:
"A STRONG WINTER STORM IS POSSIBLE FROM WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO

THURSDAY EVENING. ALTHOUGH THE EXACT TRACK...TIMING AND INTENSITY
ARE STILL UNCERTAIN...THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR SIGNIFICANT
SNOWFALL OF 6 INCHES OR MORE."

Just great! At this rate it will be spring before I get back on board. All the winter projects are on hold too. So I decided to check on conditions out on one of the sound weather buoys:


 Thirty Two degrees fahrenheit! Looks like it is going to be a long time before things warm enough to start swimming too!  

No comments: