Tuesday, January 06, 2015

JAMIE HYNEMAN'S ELECTRIC OUTBOARD MOTOR

Speaking of converting electric outboards I came across this video of Jamie Hyneman of the Mythbusters TV show. He also converted an outboard to electric and also discussed some of the economics of doing so. It reminds me I still have my old gas Honda BP 2 outboard that got drowned during Hurricane Sandy sitting in the garage. If I get ambitious and get the time I might just consider converting it to electric at some point. Though my Electric Paddle outboard pretty much suits my all my needs in a much lighter package.

2 comments:

bill said...

Very cool Mike. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the video dear, it is really helpful for those who want to buy a good generator. My son is shifting to his new home and I want to buy one form him. Earlier I bought it from Honda generators Roswell dealer, I am again thinking to buy it from him.