Tuesday, May 12, 2015

CONVENIENCE WIRING WITH ANDERSON POWER POLE CONNECTORS AND A RIGRUNNER JUNCTION BOX

I mentioned in a previous post about using my Morningstar solar controller as a junction point for some new rewiring rather than the main breaker panel. I also added a  Rigrunner 4005 junction box. This box allows for several individually fused  Anderson Power Pole connectors to be plugged into the box.


 You can see some of the items I chose to connect to the box in the photo below:





The top connector is the connector that provides power to the passive Rigrunner box. It is also fused. I also connected my AIS transponder into this box since it is located near this box.  I also have connected the on board music boom box to the bottom connector pair. I also later connected the two ENGEL refrigerators to the box. Finally, I also connected a small fan to the remaining connector. In short the rigrunner allows for one to mount a fuseable junction box in a convenient location on the boat and also allows on to make changes easily without a lot of rewiring.


No comments: