Wednesday, June 08, 2016

NOW THIS IS COOL!


Since I've recently retired I've been taking my time getting BIANKA ready for this years launch. Recent travels in the Keys and Bahamas have pushed things back a bit. The weather has also affected my plans. Speaking of the weather we have had a few days of temperatures in the mid 80 degree Fahrenheit range. Temperatures more common for mid August than late May or early June here on the Isle of Long. Needless to say it could get quite warm while working on the boat before any cooling afternoon sea breezes make it across the island.  Those conditions led me to an impulse buy of the Ergodyne Chill-Its Evaporative Cooling Towel 
 I have to say this item really works well. The special fabric holds water quite well. You run it under some water until it becomes saturated. Ring it out a bit and drape it around neck and as the water evaporates it cools your body down quite nicely. When it  drys out in a few hours just repeat the process.  A simple idea that works on a hot day. I look forward to using it especially on a hot summer day when running with the wind and not having any breeze in the cockpit. It should make things much more comfortable.

No comments: