Sunday, September 04, 2016

TRYING TO REASON WITH THE HURRICANE SEASON: Hurricane Hermine


It was a delightful week on board until Hurricane Hermine threatened to show up. Which meant I need to start thinking about prepping the boat should it arrive. Adding to the tension was the fact that I would be away for the time the storm was supposed to hit. So should something happen to the boat it would be several days before I could get back to check on it. This was a similar situation to several years ago when Hurricane Irene hit the area. But, back then it was because I was working 250 miles away from the boat. This time I am retired but, will be 600 miles away and on another boat. Though the one good thing about my decision to scrub the sailing season is I never put on the sail so I did not have to take it off on prepping for the storm. Still being so far away from the boat and not being able get back to check on her post storm is somewhat disturbing. But, one can only do what one can the rest is up to the nature of the storm.

No comments: