Sunday, February 20, 2022

ANOTHER WINTER CHECK UP

 The temperature moved up to the mid-forties one day and so it was time to go do another Winter inspection on Bianka in the boatyard. Primarily to rebalance the 48 volt electric propulsion battery bank. While there I also emptied the bilge of about two gallons of water that on my last visit was a frozen solid block of ice. I also taped over the portside cockpit hatch where I think most of the water may have entered.  I found a forward hatch leaking onto my bunk and taped over it’s flange to stop that until warmer weather arrives and I can address that issue. Finally there were high wind warnings for the next day and I made sure the nuts holding the Lexan bimini cover to the frame were tight and also secured an extra line to the frame in case those 60 MPH winds did actually arrive. It was a quick visit but still a productive one.