Thursday, November 04, 2010

ELECTRIC SEAS

 When I first was thinking about converting BIANKA to electric propulsion about four years ago. I called my boat's insurance company just to make sure I would be installing things to their requirements. The first response I got back then was an incredulous "You are going to do what?" After a conference call or two where I explained what I was going to do I was finally given the go ahead and the rest is history. BIANKA became the world's first Nonsuch with electric propulsion. Things have improved markedly since those days. More information and places on the Internet are now available for people interested in the concept of using electric propulsion. One of the latest sites is ELECTRIC SEAS a non profit organization helping to promote the use of electric propulsion. If you have or are interested in electric propulsion on the water you might want to check it out.

No comments: