Friday, July 22, 2011

THINGS YOU CAN DO FROM A BOAT: SWIM

This summer I went swimming,
This summer I might have drowned
But I held my breath and I kicked my feet
And I moved my arms around, I moved my arms around.
 
 
 

I have a land based friend who likes to go swimming. But, he will only go to his nearby beach to swim at high tide or two hours either side of it. Something about the rocky, slippery shoreline at low tide prevents him from getting in the water at that time. I on the other hand can be anchored just off that same beach and swim whenever I damn well please. An important consideration when temperatures here around the Isle of Long are approaching the 100 degree mark along with high humidity. Today I took the plunge four times starting a little after 7 AM and the last one just before sunset. Tomorrow will be another scorcher for those on land. If your looking for me chances are I'll be in the water.

No comments: