Tuesday, June 10, 2014

GETTING THINGS BACK TO NORMAL:Pressurized Water System

After I removed the Paloma on demand water heater I was left with doing something with the water supply and hot water output hoses:

The sinks on board BIANKA have two ways to provide water. One is by foot pumps which is what I most often use. The other is a pressurized water system which requires an electric pump to provide the water. The Paloma water heater was hooked into this system. I thought I might be able to get away with just capping the supply hose. But, as I found out after I turned on the water pump the water back fed through the hot water outlet hose. So I would need to reconnect them now that I have removed the water heater. Two 1/2 inch elbows and a short piece of 1/2 inch hose allowed that to be easily done:


I did not like the idea of the hoses just floating there so I arranged for a little more secure mounting of them. I used a    Cable Tie Saddle Mount  and attached it to the bulkhead:


Then used a cable tie to secure it to the mount:


With the hose secure I turned on the pressurized water pump and everything work as before except I no longer was able to have hot water. But, I have come up with an alternative hot water system that I'll be showing in the near future.

3 comments:

bill said...

Can't wait. Looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for providing a detailed step-by-step process on how to pressurize a water system. It's really helpful that you provided photos as well. Can I just ask if is it cost-friendly and efficient to have an electric pump providing the water? By the way, I am looking forward to your post about the alternative hot water system. Hopefully, you can provide the same detailed process. Thank you!

Dennis Cannon @ Laird & Son

Capt. Mike said...

Dennis:
Not sure if it's cost effective to use the electric pump. I usually use the foot pump as there are no breakers to turn on and both hands are free for washing. I find it more convenient. Though with my newly installed spray nozzle by the galley sink I may use that more often for washing dishes. BTW I'll be posting about my alternative hot water system very soon