Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Well, after carefully removing the injectors and numbering each one. I mailed them to a diesel injector shop here on Long Island to be tested and rebuilt. A few days later I got a call that they were ready, So I drove to pick them up and ask a few questions. I seemed to get more shrugs than answers. But, so be it. I was sure that this would be the problem as the books tell me "injectors are the cause of most of the problems on diesel engines". Well, when I opened the box instead on the meticulously number injectors I gave the shop I have different ones. Same model injectors but, different ones altogether. Oh well. I have once again remind myself never to assume anything especially when it involves a boat. So I carefully installed the newly rebuilt injectors. Cranked over the engine same problem, no starting. Only $250.00 poorer but, the learning experience of removing the injectors will be worth it in the future. So I am back to waiting for the phone to ring after contacting another mechanic. Shedding a little tear as the afternoon sea breeze kicks up.
Friday, June 01, 2007
Well winter has come and gone and so has most of spring and Bianka is still not in the water. The engine problem from the end of last season is still there. I have wasted three weeks waiting for several Diesel repair mechanics whom I contacted to call me back and tell me when they will come by to look at the engine. I don't mind if they can't come because they are busy but when I leave a message and ask them to call me back and never do that just really, really pisses me off. So much so that I decided to keep my money in MY wallet. I have concluded that my problem is with fouled injectors and spent the afternoon removing the four of them. It went well though of course one injector's screws were giving me a hard time but, I managed to remove it without stripping the head of the screws or damaging my knuckles. The next step is to send it to a diesel injector repair shop for testing and rebuilding if my hunch about the engine problem is correct.
Posted by Capt. Mike at 8:07 PM