Sunday, July 04, 2010

JULY 4TH 2010

Sandy, the fireworks are hailin' over Little Eden tonight
Forcin' a light into all those stony faces left stranded on this warm July
-Bruce Springsteen

Scenes like the one above which I call "Sailboat Hell" are why BIANKA and I will not be leaving the mooring this Fourth of July just like previous fourths. I have plenty of projects to work on, lots of cold beer and rum on board and an excellent 360 view of several fireworks displays from local governments and private individuals to watch this evening while relaxing in the cockpit. There is no need to move with the crowd.  It's a day of Sousa and Springsteen. I'll dress ship and enjoy the day which promises to be a hot one. So several swims will be in order despite shark warnings from the Coast Guard. Oh, wait a minute the Coast Guard has now retracted that warning. Betcha the mainstream media will downplay that news if they cover it at all. Why am I not surprised!   I also expect to fire up the gas BBQ grill for the first time. It's been on BIANKA since I bought her in 1995 but, I've yet to try it. Some of my Rum Flavored Chicken is on the menu tonight along with some homemade potato salad. YUM!  Yes I'll be celebrating Independence Day  in number of ways. I'll be celebrating on my Nonsuch. Which because of it's electric propulsion system, solar panels and wind generator gives me a different kind of independence too!

No comments: