Thursday, February 09, 2012

BATTERY INVESTIGATION PART 1: ASSAULT ON A BATTERY

As I usually do during the winter I check up on BIANKA almost on a weekly basis. The warm winter this year encourages me to do that even more. So it while I was on board earlier this week I fired up the Dual Pro Four charger to check on how balanced the battery bank was. I notice that the most negative battery in the string was not charging like the other three. It was not getting over 12.9 volts. The next day I went back on board and cleaned the battery and charger contacts and the situation was the same. This is the first issue with the batteries I've had in almost five years since converting to electric propulsion. So I can't complain. Tomorrow I plan to head back down with another external charger and see if it is an issue with the Dual Pro charger or if the battery is really at fault.

No comments: