Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A THANKSGIVING TO REMEMBER


A lot of Thanksgivings seem to be lost to memory or perhaps were not that memorable beyond the next days left overs. But, one Thanksgiving still sticks in my mind from over ten years ago.  A few days before I had  sailed BIANKA back from New York where I had lived on board her since April. The boat was not yet pulled for winter storage and was tied to the dock. Since I was alone I decided I would still have my own little Thanksgiving celebration on board the boat. I picked up a Thanksgiving meal at a nearby Boston Market with all the fixings. Even bought some Apple Cider for drinking. I think it was one of the few times I used the oven on board to heat the meal up. I put on some appropriate  George Winston music on the CD player. As the late autumn sun was setting behind the hill on the west side of the harbor I sat down to a hearty meal thankful that I was able to enjoy the meal on my boat. I was alone but, still thankful and the memory of that day still brings back the good feeling I had.

No comments: